Vipassana Meditation & Research Centre (hereinafter referred as “the Centre”, “the Trust”, “we”, “us”) offers this website services contained herein to the user (the term user shall include registered as well as unregistered user, subject to user' acceptance of all the terms, conditions and policies. By visiting and/ or by availing services from our website, user agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions mentioned herein as well as elsewhere in the website, as applicable.
Any new feature(s), service(s) or product(s) added to the website in future shall also be subject to these Terms. The Centre, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to change these Terms, including any part thereof, by updating the website. User(s) are advised to check this page periodically for the changes.
General Terms & Conditions:
- The Centre is not responsible if, the information made available on its website, is not accurate, complete or current. The content on the website is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon, or used as the sole basis for making decisions. Any reliance on the content on the website is at user’s own risk.
- This website may contain certain historical information, which, necessarily, is not current and is provided only for the reference of user(s).
- In some parts of the website, the Centre has provided content from other sources and has mentioned the origin, wherever available, to the best of its knowledge, ability and belief. In case of any issues regarding the origin, the Centre does not assume any responsibility for the content, except for the quoted source(s).
- The Centre, without any obligation to update any information on this website, reserves the right to modify the contents of this website at any time. The Centre has no obligation to provide a notification of these changes to the user(s). User(s) are responsible to monitor the changes on this website.
- The Centre does not guarantee, represent or warrant that use of the website by user(s) will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
- The Centre reserves the right to send newsletter/or any other material to the user using user’s email address. At any time, the user will be able to unsubscribe from the subscriber's list using the link provided within the email received.
- In response to the request(s) received from the user(s)/applicant(s) regarding registration, through any of the communication mode, the Centre, through one of its service provider(s), may send the appropriate response(s) via emails or text messages including sms/any messenger services.
- These Terms set out the whole agreement between the user and the Centre for the use of website, receipt of donations and supply of the products/services.
All the payments including donations will be governed by the following terms and conditions:
- All the payments will be accepted in Indian currency and from Indian nationals only.
- Any Indian national above the age of eighteen (18) years can make donations to the Centre.
- Any currency convertor provided in this website, if any, for the convenience of users, shall be treated as for indicatory use only. It shall not be relied on as an accurate, real time currency convertor. Any reliance on the currency convertor provided on this website is at user’s own risk. The Centre shall not be responsible for any direct or indirect loss arising out of such currency conversions.
- The Centre reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions related to payment at any time.
- Payment terms and conditions are governed by Indian law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Mumbai, India.
- On confirming to proceed with the payment, user authorizes payment services provider(s) to request funds from his/her credit or debit card provider, bank account or any other source. When the user submits his/her payment details, these details will be transferred to the Centre’s payment services provider(s), and user’s payment data will be collected and processed by them. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, the users shall also be bound by the terms and conditions of their respective Bank and/or payment gateway service provider while making payment. Users are requested to read terms and conditions of the Centre’s payment service provider(s) and their respective banks.
- In the case of any technical or network failure including breakdown of machinery, disruption of network or any other reason in accessing the Website, website of third party payment service provider, and or user’s bank website, the Centre, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cease accepting payments from the user(s), in any manner, as it may deem fit and necessary. In addition, the Centre shall not be liable and/or responsible in any manner whatsoever in the event of any fault, failure, malfunction or disruption while processing payment through payment service provider(s) or through the bank website and/or in the internet, network services /system failure, due to technical, technological restrictions. The Centre shall not be responsible in the event payments are not processed and /or received due to any technical error of any nature whatsoever.
- Receipt of purchase or donation will be generated and sent to the user via email.
Additional provisions related to donations:
- User(s) must provide to the Centre their name, address, contact number, email address and any other information that may be required by the regulatory authorities, under the law/regulations/rules or required for the smooth processing of the transaction, before making donation. The Centre will use this information to process users’ donation. It is users’ responsibility to provide correct information to the Centre.
- The Centre does not accept any cancellation(s) or do not provide any refund(s) of donation or any other payment whatsoever, under any circumstances. In case of any queries please send an email to [email protected].
- Donation to the Centre does not entitle the user(s) to any goods, services, positions, admission to the Vipassana course(s) at the Centre or in any of its associate/affiliates entities or any other consideration.
- Unless purpose of donation is specified by the user, the Centre will use donation received through this website(s) and/or mobile app at its discretion but within its stated charitable objectives.
- Donation to the Centre is eligible for tax deduction benefits under Section 35 (1) (iii) of the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961, if the donor(s) is above the age of eighteen (18) years and a resident of India (as per the Income Tax Act, 1961).
Intellectual Property Rights
- Intellectual property rights of all the content, including but not limited to, software, programmes, logos, images, product covers and any other marks, audio, video and other material, whether downloadable or not, contained in the website are owned by the Centre or its affiliates and/or third party licensors, wherever applicable. User agrees and acknowledges that user shall not acquire any ownership rights in or to such materials/content/products.
- User acknowledges and agrees that certain materials/content in the website are the property of Centre’s affiliates or the third party licensors. Without prejudice to any and all other rights and remedies available, each such affiliates/ licensor has the right to directly enforce relevant provisions against the user in case of infringement of its intellectual property rights.
- Except as provided in the website, user shall not otherwise download, sell, display, modify, distribute, perform, transfer, copy, reproduce or create derivative works from or otherwise exploit any content, materials, or any other information/data, as specified in the point 1 supra, in the products/website.
- The Products/materials/content displayed on the website are not intended for any kind of commercial use/distribution. Materials/content from the website/products shall not be copied or distributed, or republished, or transmitted in any way, without prior written consent of the Centre.